From:
Hannah Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2010 14:33:33 -0700
Yes it is online... I use the census images on Ancestry.com ... this is the
1870 Federal Census.  This example is only the 2nd district that I checked
... Some of the Assistant Marshalls don't even appear in the census
themselves ... I also ran the stats on the census for Males born in Virginia
who moved to Georgia before the 1870 Census.
Oneof the interesting numbers is:
1860 Males born in VA now living in GA:  3,100
1870 Males born in VA now living in GA:  9,450
I could go on forever with this but this is just one of the examples of
interesting research.
Hannah Powell