From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 21:35:32 -0400
J South,

Sounds like sour grapes on your part. Yes she is a woman. I have no idea if
she is a member of some or another minority group, and it really does not
matter. What matters is that she wrote a book outside her field that is
being considered for an award. Nothing else you have said has anything to do
with it. And, I will note that you are not a historian yourself, so why you
want to pass judgement on people from another field. Is it just because you
are a white male and feel you have some inherent authority to judge all
fields from your POV?

Although I haven't taken a poll, there are some number of white males who
disagree with Herbert Barger and don't give him any slack for being a white
male.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert