From:
"J. Ballato" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2012 13:31:03 -0600
 I have found the 6 volume set by Mark Sullivan entitled "Our Times 1900-1925" to be of exceptional interest.  A journalist on the scene at the time many events occurred, Sullivan's last volume (1936) was written only 10 years or so after the last events recounted.  He writes with the perspective of what people were reading every day in their newspapers, and he received input from many of the persons who were involved in decisions or events.