From:
Eric Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:51:42 -0400
Alas, the Mars event referred to below is apparently an Internet hoax, or an
outgrowth of an actual event from 2003 that took on a life of its own.  I
got excited at the notion, but then I wondered about the "Mars will look as
large as the full moon to the naked eye" statement so I did some poking that
unveiled these articles:

http://www.herald-sun.com/orange/10-620211.html

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/columnists/bogert/articles/1631637.html

Now back to your regularly-scheduled discussions of Virginia history.  ;)

All my best,

--Eric

Eric D. M. Johnson
Proprietor
The Village Factsmith Historical Research & Consulting
http://www.factsmith.com/