From:
Jigsaw Genealogy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 23:18:47 -0400
Brian,

If you haven't discovered the Library of Virginia holdings of Petersburg's
courthouse records, go to:

http://www.lva.lib.va.us/whatwehave/local/local_rec/county_city/petersburg.htm#court_records

Hustings Court ("city court") records may be of particular interest to you
in locating indentures.  Another place to check might be the deed books of
that time period.  There hasn't been a compiled index made of the deed
books, but each volume does contain its own index.  You'll also note that
registers of free negroes also survive from 1794-1850.

Any film identified with "ILL" can be borrowed through interlibrary loan.

Best of luck in your research!
Mary Beth Dalton
Jigsaw Genealogy
P.O. Box 5595