From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2007 18:32:56 -0500
The old recipe I had made it seem most like a large sausage made with
oatmeal. Did the Scottish settlers to Va. carry on the tradition in
any way? Off hand, I can't think of any haggis-like food item here.
Maybe, lacking sheep up in the mountains, they didn't try to
translate it using other types of meat? Maybe meat was more abundant
here- wild game, if nothing else- that they didn't feel the need to
go through the mess and bother to make it?

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone