From:
"Karen E. Sutton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 2005 12:31:09 -0500
 FYI to anyone who may be interested.

Karen E. Sutton

-----Original Message-----
From: Herr, David <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 14:29:51 -0500
Subject: Call for Papers

From: Craig T. Friend [[log in to unmask]]
Subject: Call for Articles

We are seeking articles for an anthology on family life in the Old
South, roughly framed as 1780s-1850s.  We are particularly interested in
a cross-cultural approach, so papers on ethnic minorities, the poor, and
urban dwellers are welcomed alongside studies of the white farming and
planter classes.  Potential topics include childhood, sex, domestic
roles, multi-generational relations, birthing, death, the family as an
economic unit, etc.  Please express interest by Jan. 1, 2006.
Craig Thompson Friend
Associate Professor and
Director of Public History
Department of History