From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:55:12 -0500
The kilt as we know it, the pleated and belted skirt, is a recent
creation, but there was the "great kilt" in ancient times, a very
large tartan cloth wrapped around the body, belted, over the
shoulder, it could be worn many ways, over the head to keep out rain,
or like a cloak, or wrapped around oneself as a sort of sleeping bag,
or down at the waist to expose the upper body.

I've done research at the Scottish National Museum and library in
Edinburgh, written articles for the Clan Ramsay Assn. of North
America, the Clan Campbell Society USA and the Clan Campbell Society
Australia, as well as being the secretary and newsletter editor for
the Clan Ramsay Assn. of N. America for 10 years, and had a novel of
historical fiction published that dealt with the Roman invasion of
Scotland in 84AD....

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone