From:
Kevin Gutzman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2008 13:22:28 -0400
Here again, Mr. Barger accuses long-dead people -- Madison Hemings and
Samuel Wetmore -- of "lying" without any evidence whatsoever about their
mental state.  A false statement is not necessarily a lie; it may just be
a mistake.

It seems that Mr. Barger is very free with his accusations of dishonesty.
KG

Kevin R. C. Gutzman, J.D., Ph.D.
Associate Professor of History
Western Connecticut State University

See _Who Killed the Constitution?  The Fate of American Liberty from World
War I to George W. Bush_ on Amazon.com!

Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Discussion of research and writing about Virginia history
05/05/2008 01:11 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [VA-HIST] Jefferson's Overseer

Stephan,

I am reporting to everyone about the past.....not the future. For the
future we can only hope that the Thomas Jefferson Foundation will
appoint a successor to Dr. Jordan, upon his Nov. retirement, that will
"take the bull by the horns" and try to solve this controversy,
otherwise any reporter or author seeming factual information about the
controversy will be misled, in my opinion.

As a scientist and historian this falls exactly into your expertise. Do
you not agree that the test was simply a test of a "known" Jefferson DNA
carrier, thus a match was guaranteed? Dr. Foster kept this from Nature
just as Dan Jordan kept the original Minority Report from the public in
his original release.

Do you not agree that Madison Hemings or Samuel Wetmore was lying in the
Pike Co. article when Madison claims he was named by Dolley Madison upon
his birth Jan. 19, 1805 at Monticello? He WAS NOT, she wasn't there. She
was in Washington and the Madison Papers indicate that the Madisons
NEVER traveled to Virginia during the winter from Washington. Just One
among many scientific and historical glitches in this controversy. After
all of this the political correctness boy and girls enter the picture
with their slavery stories, etc.

Herb