From:
Debra Jackson/Harold Forsythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:15:21 -0500
These regulations were weak compared to those in Puritan New England.  In
17th century Massachusetts healthy, able bodied people were required to
attend church serves ALL DAY on the Sabbath, usually involving 2-3 sermons
of 2-3 hours in length.
Twenty minutes every four months was weak beer for the Puritans.  Save for
the fact I would have probably been a slave, I think I would have preferred
17th century VA over MA.  (smile)

Harold S. Forsythe