Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2006 19:01:49 -0500
I will chime in to second Professor Kiracofe's recommendation
of James Horn's new book, A LAND AS GOD MADE IT:  JAMESTOWN
AND THE BIRTH OF AMERICA.  Its a terrific, learned, and very
readable fresh history of Jamestown, written by a deeply
learned scholar.  Its a very welcome addition to the
literature on early Virginia, and one I will be assigning
routinely in my Virginia history classes once it is available
in soft cover.

Warm regards,
Kevin
Kevin R. Hardwick, Ph.D.