Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:04:42 -0500
Brent--

It is my understanding that your interpretation below is the
Constitutionally correct one, at least until the Gitlow case
in the 1920s began the "incorporation" of the Federal Bill of
Rights into the State Constitutions.

Professor Finkelman is our resident Constitutional
historian--perhaps he would be so good as to enlighten as
further?  How about it, Paul--inquiring minds demand
instruction!  Profess! :)

All my best,
Kevin