From:
Craig Kilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2015 21:28:00 -0500
I agree with Michael. Two slaves of the same name needed to told apart by some description, and Selma is right about some of the descriptors being “black” and “yellow.” Sort of like Old Tom and Young Tom, and sometimes you get lucky the descriptor is a slave’s surname (in some cases occupational).

Craig Kilby
Kilby Research Services
www.craigkilby.com