From:
Janet Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 10:33:40 EDT
In a message dated 10/20/2002 9:23:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Getting back to this list and parallels 220 or so years ago in Virginia, I
> have always wondered about the politics behind the removal from personal tax
> lists of STUD HORSES, "WHEELS" (phaetons, curricles  == car tax) and
> BILLIARD
> TABLES--all luxury items.  Does anyone know which individuals were behind
> that decision...and it WAS a decision by someone?

I need to qualify this.   I was projecting the unrepresentative (today's
standards) government of VA in the 1780s/1790s to today.  I realize the
decision was probably/perhaps made by the Virginia legislature, but can't be
sure about that.

Best Regards, Janet Hunter (jaded by the powers currently reflected in
"Executive Orders" and federal "regulations")