From:
Paul Heinegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:37:13 -0500
Lonny wrote, "It is an interesting study for the psychologist/historian.
Some may have had a relationship much like we presently have with our own
beloved and faithful pets."

Yes, that is just the thought I had when reading some wills: anger at those
who had been what they considered unfaithful, a warm feeling toward those
they felt had been faithful. Of course, many of the ones which emancipated
their slaves were quite different: "...being fully persuaded that freedom is
the natural right of all mankind..."
Paul