From:
"Lyle E. Browning" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:21:41 -0400
This is a discussion list, not a voting mechanism. In "speaking to
the choir" the rest of the choir doesn't voice assent as netiquette
would be violated by endless "I agree" emails.

Inspection of the "sense of the list" shows that we post statements
wherein we disagree with, or clarify or amplify previous posts.

Jumping into the intent of the post, there are those who appear to be
blissfully unaware that racism exists in other venues than in the
white world. Racism is what, the evil twin of the ethnocentric coin?

In my short term on the planet, the trajectory has gone from a sort
of acceptance of the status quo on race issues to full "acceptance"
of one and all. But at the same time, self-awareness of the racism
implicit in the old status quo has made a sort of "black and white"
view of things flip to the other side of the coin to a species of
self-flagellation at the injustices perpetuated by the dominant
culture on the minorities wherein what "we" perpetrated upon them
somehow stains us forever to the point where we cannot then point out
anything and I mean anydamnthing at all that implies criticism of a
minority viewpoint.

In my view, if it's racist, it's racist and it mattereth not who
uttereth it. Flipping over to the total support of the supposed other
side does nothing but perpetuate problems if said problems are not
themselves brought out into the open for inspection.

Racism isn't just white, it's black, red, yellow, ethnic, religious,
etc. Just because a member of the minority formerly the subject of
overt and covert racism has been accepted does not allow said
minority a free pass to level un-answered or even implied charges of
racism without the danger that should be so obvious. It is a
perversion of "let him who is without sin cast the first stone" writ
modern with the hyper-relativist non-judgmental group-think common
today. As the noted philosopher G. F. Patton said: "When we all think
alike, nobody's thinking."

Lyle Browning, RPA