From:
Ed Foote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:01:01 -0500
My 1982 book -- CHOTANKERS: A Family History -- has a documented reference to
"Chotank Town" in King George County, Virginia.  You can find the book in
Prince William Library, Alexandria Library, and Library of Congress or by
inter-library loan.

This Indian Town may be of pre-1650 historical importance since federal,
state, and private sources are now putting up $1,500,000 to perserve this land
forever as a Bald Eagle habitat.  See Heeding the Call of the Wild, Washington
Post, August 4, 2001.

Or visit http://chotank.com/gindex.html for a link to the Post story.

Avon Edward Foote
Associate Professor