From:
Karen Needles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2013 10:51:32 -0400
Hi James, thanks for your comments.  As director of the Lincoln Archives
Digital Project, I agree that it is important to have knowledgeable people
in the field to give that stamp of approval.  We make these records
available online, with no interpretation. In the future, History scholars
will be hired to provide annotation to the records.  But that also involves
a cost in paying them for their work.  If the community wants strict
standards, they must also accept the fact that it costs to have that
standard.  Anything worth having costs something.