From:
"Hobbs, Tameka (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2007 07:52:08 -0500
The following is a link to a page with information about former governor
Harry F. Byrd.  It is a part of an online exhibition of political
leaders in Virginia, entitled "'A full vote, a free ballot, and a fair
count': Political Life in Virginia."

http://www.lva.lib.va.us/whoweare/exhibits/political/harry_byrd.htm

There are other references to Byrd, as well as many other important
figures in Virginia's political history, in a number of other exhibition
and educational web pages at the LVA's website.  Additionally, the LVA
has a variety of resources on our website designed specifically for
teachers and students related to the history of Virginia, most of which
are based on primary documents within our collection.  Those are located
at http://www.lva.lib.va.us/whatwedo/k12/index.htm.   We are currently
developing additional content and lesson activities that will continue
to facilitate the use of material from our collections among educators
and students.

With a recently added feature, visitors to the LVA's homepage can now
conduct Google-powered searches of our web content to find out what
information and resources are available about topics in about which they
are interested.

Tameka B. Hobbs
Program & Education Coordinator
The Library of Virginia