From:
Richard Labunski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:45:19 -0400
Joanne:

Jack Rakove and Garry Wills have written excellent short biographies about
Madison in the last few years.

I would also like to recommend my just-published book, "James Madison and
the Struggle for the Bill of Rights" (Oxford University Press in its
"Pivotal Moments in American History" series).

Although not a biography of Madison, it tells the incredible story of how
he overcame one obstacle after another to see the Constitution ratified and
the Bill of Rights become part of the Constitution.  Much of the book
relates to Madison's political career during the ratification era.  (The
book has 35 illustrations, including photos, portraits, newspapers, and
documents).

You can learn more about the book and see excerpts, reviews, and
illustrations from the book here:

www.richardlabunski.com

Amazon is currently offering a 37 percent discount, and thus it costs just
about what the paperback will eventually cost.

I hope this was helpful.

Richard Labunski