From:
Henry Wiencek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2006 12:51:01 -0400
This may be off the Virginia topic but so what -- it's for your own good!
The Harrisonburg public TV station is showing a terrific documentary based
on a biography my wife, Donna Lucey, wrote.  (OK, self-dealing; so shoot
me.) Some years ago my wife stumbled upon the life's work of an unknown
photographer in the basement of a Montana farm house.  This astonishing
find included prints, glass-plate negatives, clothing, hunting rifles, and
thirty-six years of diaries and letters from the 1890s to 1920s.  In a
melancholy moment the photographer wrote in her diary, "I wish I could
lead a life worthy to look back upon.  I am far out of the path now."  But
she was not really out of the path of worthiness--she forged an amazing
life on the frontier, which this film beautifully captures.  I think you
will enjoy it and I commend it to your attention.

Henry Wiencek
Charlottesville

WVPT Schedule -- Harrisonburg, VA
Evelyn Cameron: Pictures From a Worthy Life:

Saturday, May 13, 11:00 AM
WVPY HD [D]
Wednesday, May 17, 10:00 PM
WVPY HD [D]