From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2006 07:17:28 -0400
Things are falling into place for my Jamestown projects.  Thanks to the Library of Virginia, I have six outstanding color covers of piano music, and will put them into a package with the music itself.

Dr. David Diggs at Lehich University will make a CD of music from celebrations of 1807, 1907, and 2007 (the latter so far is only my march THE TRUMPETER OF JAMESTOWN).  And that brings up a question.

We would like to put some appropriate picture on the cover, probably of the 1907 celebration.  I have one and have seen a second book on the Exposition, and there are a wealth of photos in both.  Can anybody tell me where those photos reside, and if I can browse through them and see if there is a good one for the CD jacket?

Also I would appreciate any other suggestions for a color painting or such which might be appropriate for jacket.

I have completed a one-page FANFARES for THE TRUMPTER OF JAMESTOWN and shall be glad to mail it to anybody who needs (or just wants) some fanfares which are typical of that time, and who knows.... part of which may have been played by that elusive trumpeter.

Randy Cabell