From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:34:19 -0500
Elizabeth,

The name of the site is Famous Americans. It does include heroes and
patriot, but it also includes other skunks like Jefferson Davis and Harry
Byrd. If Virginia students are to learn about Nat Turner, then he belongs on
the page. In addition to the folks specified on the SOLs, I also include
other Famous Americans that seem to be of interest to students not only in
Virginia and the US, but around the world.

If you're curious about the numbers who visit/use the site, you can go to
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org/stats and look around at the various
excel files.

Anne

Anne Pemberton