From:
"Lonny J. Watro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 08:59:48 -0500
My husband and I were driving through western Kentucky last week at night.
We were halfway between Wickcliffe and Paducah. You could see almost every
star in the sky. Even in the boonies where I live in West Virginia, the
light polution is getting where you can't see the stars like you used to
anymore. But way out in western Kentucky it is still very dark at night.
There are still places near me in West Virginia like that and I'm sure there
are places in Virginia like that too. But as more and more people move out
into the "country" and put up their landscape lighting, light polution with
make it difficult for us to see the stars at night like we used to. *sigh*
Sometimes it's pretty cool when the power goes out and its just dark don't
you think? You look out on your road and you squint and try to see what you
can see. And then the neighbor or your dang husband will cut the darkness
like a knife with their giga zillion lumen backup flashlight, and the
party's over (haha). You don't even have time to get out the candles or
anything. LOL.

Lonny Watro
Short Gap, WV