From:
Judith ERSKINE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2018 11:56:58 -0400
I'm interested in knowing more about the Virginia Navy.  My ancestor,
Michael Rooney,  appeared in Fairfax in 1784 , moving on to Berkeley in
1806.   Local biographies  say he was rumored to have  been in the navy or
a sea rover, pirate or corsair.  Any info or hints would be appreciated.

Judy Erskine