From:
"Lyle E. Browning" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:00:05 -0400
Time to suggest a thematic survey to DHR?

 From all I've seen, they're vastly under-represented in the surveys.
But, the 15' USGS quads have them on and it should be possible to do
a survey and to make some interesting extrapolations from their
distribution relative to population density. The State Fair was
looking for one a couple of years ago to put into their permanent
exhibit.

However, most of them I have seen are about overgrown inside thickets
and and covered with vines. I'd also suggest VDOT files as they
tended to be very near roads and I know I dealt with one in Suffolk
while I was there.

Lyle Browning, RPA