From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 10:44:37 -0500
As with any group, there were differing personalities, some deciding
on work motivations for one reason, some for another. Resignation, or
knowing which side their bread was buttered on [trying to be
practical], a subservient personality, a generous personality
determined to rise above their circumstances in a moral sense, or one
who resisted with every last fiber of their being. Many overseers,
tho, seemed to have been especially brutal men who, it is my guess,
had deeper issues they took out on their captive charges. The type
still exists today [see: Abu Ghraib, rogue cops, the rape of the
Iraqi girl and murder of her and her entire family].

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone