From:
Excalibur131 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 19:11:25 -0500
Kevin,

I have learned that at least some, perhaps many portions of what I've said
are irrelevant, misleading and confused. I have no problem with this as I
have been wrong many times in my lifetime. I have also been confused and,
yes, I'm sure misleading, but without intent. I do not believe that anything
I say or think is irrelevant, but I will bow to those with more wisdom.

For the last several posts I haven't been sure you and I were talking about
the same subject. You have written copious quantities, but somehow my simple
words seem to have failed to reach you.
--------------------
> A lot of African-Americans are as interested in their "heritage" as are
> white folks.
> Anne Pemberton

I'm not offended by it, but I'm somewhat taken back by the use of
"African-Americans" vs. "white folks." Is there a double-standard at work
here? If the identifying terminology were reversed how would the sentence
read?
Tom
--------------------
Do you remember that? The sentence was written in January of 2007 and my
questions were asked in regards to that sentence as it applied in January
2007. With all of your words I don't believe you have satisfactorily
answered the questions that I asked. Of course, I could be wrong about that
too.

I do wonder what reason you had for avoiding the final paragraph of my last
post? The paragraph that read:
"I don't have a clue what the politically correct term is for "white folks."
I do know that, in more than a few parts of our country, the term "black
folks" falls into a gray area of what is or is not acceptable and may be
considered racist. In 2007, is one term more acceptable than the other? To
me its not. If one is unacceptable, then both are unacceptable. If one is
acceptable, then both are acceptable."

I am a simple man, looking for simple answers to simple questions without
400 years of history accompanying the answer. Kevin, with respect, perhaps
you are unable to come down to my level.

Tom