From:
"Lyle E. Browning" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:26:54 -0500
On Feb 19, 2007, at 1:18 PM, Debra Jackson/Harold Forsythe wrote:

> Plecker was not invincible even in his own time.  He was busy
> changing birth certificates according to his own racial notions but
> was challenged by a few Virginians whom, as I remember it, advised
> him that if he altered the birth certificates they were requesting,
> they would see him in court.  Plecker then backed down.

I had also heard that Plecker was visited by more than a few FFV
types who were in fact quite proud of their descendancy from
Pocahontas. That was when he backed off the absolute purity and did
the "more than 1 drop" criteria figuring that over time the
arithmetic progression would dilute the Pocahontas ingredient way down.

Lyle Browning