From:
John Philip Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 22:56:36 -0500
Rather than attack Wikipedia as a source, is their definition incorrect or
not.
Presentism is such a fallacy. HOW can we impose our values and mores on
those in the past that did not have our level of culture, expertise and
learning. They obviously practiced all of those nasty habits, because it
made them feel good. We have evolved to our present state because so many
made so many mistakes that some things were learned and eliminated as things
not to do. While we are ripping TJ and crowd for their lack of virtue, why
not condemn those on this planet who are still practicing those things,
slavery - piracy and trading in human lives, that we have criticized our
ancestors for in this forum. It is because of the mistakes they made and
changes in our culture, progress, which have elevated us to our present
levels, hopefully.
JP Adams
Texas