From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 05:43:48 -0400
This is terrible!  I assume that they are more or less the same design as
were on the James River Kanawha Canal, and would be extremely valuable at
some canal museum in Richmond.  Is their one?  I do recall that a section of
the canal goes by the Tredegar Iron Works, so maybe that would be the place
for them.

How about a grass-roots program to save at least one?  There is an annual
bataux festival from Lynchburg to Richmond, so maybe somebody in that group
would like to 'trade up' to canal boat, at least as a stop along the way for
food and drink.

Please forward the article you mentioned.

Randy Cabell