From:
Yojsouth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:07:58 -0500
There are no slaves currently living, or have been for at least 70 years or so.

In a message dated 01/23/07 16:04:34 Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
Once upon a time the Church stuck the birth of Jesus onto the Roman
holiday of Saturnalia, that was pretty made up, too. I don't know
about Kwanzaa, but if freed slaves in various areas of the south
wanted to celebrate their freedom on whatever day suited them, I'd
say that's up to them to decide.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone