From:
Clara Callahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 02:31:56 -0800
Hopefully at least 90% of it is history.  I understand what the man is saying and it has nothing to do with racism or white people who think only they are or have a right to be interested in their own history.  What comes to mind is that old saying about beating a dead horse while miraculously keeping it alive by using it to garner sympathy and special treatment hundreds of years after the fact.  He may not have said it as politically correctly as some would like, but his view has as much validity as any other view here.  Furthermore, one thing he is NOT doing is rewriting history as in painting savages who murder and mutilate as wholesome and respectable, which brings to mind another old saying about making a silk purse from a sow's ear.

Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  It's history. If all history is to be "gotten over", why are we even
in this group? Why do any one of us read any record or account, or
write any book or paper? Let's just burn it all, it's over, forget
about it.

Why are YOU in this group? Or are only white people allowed to have
an interest in their history?

Geez, lighten up...

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone