From:
John Maass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 15:46:15 -0500
Other prominent Founding Fathers who were members of societies for ending slavery included Richard Bassett, James Madison, James Monroe, Bushrod Washington, Charles Carroll, William Few, John Marshall, though I don;t think all of these men freed their slaves.  Robert Carter did so--a new book about him is:
The First Emancipator : The Forgotten Story of Robert Carter, the Founding Father Who Freed His Slaves, by
Andrew Levy.