From:
John Philip Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:53:14 -0500
The digital things are fine if YOU USE THEM AS GUIDES AND OUTLINES. Hard
copy from the courthouses, genealogy libraries and FAMILY records are the
true test. Just because you find it online, it has to be backed up by real
data. Sometimes family member put in edited versions or leave out people who
have perpetrated slights against other members. It happens. Checking
histories and finding your ancestors at Guildford Courthouse is an
interesting discovery or some other history of the Shenandoah Valley and
find GGGGGGranddady founded the first general store or trading post at a
fort founded a Hawkins ancestor.
Trust, but verify.
John Philip Adams
Texas