From:
Walter Waddell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:08:06 -0500
Dear Randy,

You are missing only and the only key principle of history: In war: win! The
winner gets to write the history and hang the losers -- and the history of
the moment at hand is the only history that matters -- since mankind's
history is an utter refusal to learn from yesterday.

Of course the counter to that is: the only hope for the future is for the
youth of today to reject any notion that their fathers got anything right
except to launch them.
What be the worth of knowing yesterday other than to stir the today to shape
the text of tomorrow.

Regards, Ray