From:
Melinda Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:26:28 +0000
I believe there are several novels that send characters to Virginia in the 17th century as an escape or punishment (before Australia).
Crazy Woman, by Kate Horsley (my sister), begins in 19th-century Virginia (before the main character goes west to New Mexico).

--
Alliance to Conserve Old Richmond
Neighborhoods

From: Jurretta Heckscher <[log in to unmask]>