From:
Brian McKnight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 07:37:29 -0400
Tom,

I can't help you with the Southside Virginian, but I have a friend who has
some scattered issues of Wise County newspapers, some of which I had never
even heard of, from as early as 1890.  In my opinion, they should be
preserved.  Now, here's the catch.  I don't think she would give them to
you, but I do think she would let you microfilm them.  People here are very
possessive, even in regard to historic documents.  That's the main reason
you don't get much in the way of donations from this part of Virginia, but
if you could settle for copies and let her keep her originals, it seems
everybody might be happy in the end.

Brian

Brian D. McKnight
Department of History and Philosophy
The University of Virginia's College at Wise