From:
rbencoach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jul 2011 14:35:35 -0400
I was surprised to read in this forum today that "Jefferson had children
with Sally Hemmings" and to see it stated here as if it were an established,
undisputed fact.

Is it?  I recall reading that from the DNA testing, it was shown that "a
male Jefferson" fathered some of her children, and from the historical
evidence, there was more than one possible "male Jefferson" living at and/or
frequenting Monticello at the time.

I haven't examined this in depth, and am not a historian by profession.
(I'm also not one to think that all our ancestors were prudes...otherwise,
we wouldn't be here today to talk about them.)  I just wondered if all the
skeptics have now been silenced and the blame has been fixed, without any
doubt, on Thomas Jefferson, with no possibility of other culprits.

Rosanna Bencoach