From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 10:17:26 -0800
You can continue to say that, but the backlash is going to be on the
Cherokee. They were one of the Five Civilized Tribes, those who wanted to
emulate the white man. In the end the white man treated them just like the
rest of the Tribes (the ones they sold out), and sent them on, The Trail of
Tears. The Cherokee are the first to talk about the US Government not
honoring Treaties, and then you do the same thing. You can keep pointing
that finger at the government, but your own leaders are gloating and
bragging (on the news), that this is democracy at work.  What is good for
the goose is good for the gander.

Anita