From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 06:17:06 -0500
Two 'alternative histories' come to mind.  #1, There was one written about
1964, and I think it was Bruce Catton, but am not sure.  I don't recall when
slavery disappeared, but I do recall the Confederacy and Union grew close to
one another, fought WWI together, etc.

#2 - "Guns of the South by Harry Turtledove", c. early 1990s.  I don't think
he carried his history (after the Confederacy won, thanks to several
shipments of AK-47s' which were transmorgrified across time from South
Africa of 2015) much beyond the end of the war.  There was a big election at
end of the book where Robert E. Lee supported by the moderate states
triumphed as president of the Confederacy over _____? who represented the
slave states.

Randy Cabell