From:
Andrew Deci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:49:09 -0400
Thanks for bringing up VDOT.  I contacted most of the local VDOT offices
located in the areas I was studying, and didn't receive much help.  If it
isn't something they are currently working on, they generally can't focus
much time on it.  A very similar story when contacting the local
planning/GIS/public works folks for the counties.

VDOT records takings and road expansions in the State Highway Plat books
located in each localities circuit court records room.  Unfortunately, the
habit of keeping these kinds of records recorded in that location doesn't
seem to start until after 1950.  Even then, most of the roads I've been
studying haven't been changed since the 1930's or 1940's.

Thank you all for your help.

Best,

ahd

--