From:
"Craig R. Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:11:41 -0500
I actually don't care if TJ and Sally got together and had kids. And my
opinion on the matter I will keep to myself in order not to add to the fray.

But I will add this to the discussion:

Jefferson-Hemmings: A Special Issue of the National Genealogical Society
Quarterly, Volume 89, No. 3, September 2001

Articles include:

Sally Hemings's Children: A Genealogical Analysis of the Evidence - Helen F.
M. Leary, CG, CGL, FNGS, FASG

Review Essays include:

The "Scholars Commission" Report on the Jefferson-Hemings Matter: An
Evaluation by Genealogical Standards - Thomas W. Jones, Ph.D.

Can the "Character Defense" Survive? Measuring Polar Positons in the
Jefferson-Hemings Controversy by the Standards of History - Joshua D.
Rothman, Ph.D.

Notes include:

Can Researchers "Prove" the "Unprovable"? A Selective Bibliography of
Efforts to Genealogically Document Children of Master-Slave Relationships -
Gary B. Mills, Ph.D.

How can I say that if you have not read these articles your survey of the
material on the problem is incomplete.

C.

Craig R. Scott, CG
President & CEO