From:
Tom Gilmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2008 13:31:26 -0700
Good points, Peter & Kevin.   Isn't it also true that along with other types
of eye-witness evidence, oral history needs to be weighed as to it's value;
e.g. three different people witnessing an auto accident may report three
different versions of what happened.  The accident investigator looks for
other types of evidence to verify the truth.

By the way, I find it amusing --and a bit scary-- that so many people on
this list have read the same emails and interpreted them differently.  I
don't think anyone said oral tradition or oral history was without value.

--Tom