From:
Loretta Kelldorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:37:09 -0600
Pat:

What a wonderful explanation of the custom of the groom giving the bride a
wedding ring.   Was the custom of the bride giving a ring to  the groom  a
much later custom and did it have a different significance?  or was it
observed early on to represent some agreement on her part regarding the
dower?

Loretta