From:
John Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:01:06 -0000
I'm grateful to Philip Schwarz for his offer of a transcript of the 1815
act, of which I was quite unaware, and would welcome receiving it; I also
thank him for drawing my attention to his "Migrants against Slavery", which
I had previously missed in my literature searches.

And I should like to thank Stuart Butler for sending me the transcript of
the 1814 statute, which proved a valuable aid to interpreting various
affidavits concerning Virginians quitting slavery in the War of 1812.

John Weiss