Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:58:52 EST
am teaching on the phenomenon of the Jefferson-Hemings scandal.  The
course is a short "Maymester" offering so I'm keeping reading to a
reasonable minimum.  The students will read Gordon-Reed,  the Lewis &
Onuf edited essays on Hemings and Jefferson, and some of the essays of
the Scholars Commission, along with excerpts from Fawn Brodie, Joseph
Ellis, etc.  Anyhow, my request for sources is actually more for popular
sources that address the topic or use the basic scenario.  Any suggestions?

David Kiracofe
College of Charleston
Department of History
66 George Street