From:
Richard Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 19:04:47 -0400
I registered in Southampton county in 1956, just released from the Marine
Corps, and had no knowledge of the procedure. The registrar gave me a sheet
of paper which asked for the names of the governor, the two senators and
the district Representative. There was one or two general questions which I
don't recall specifically, but basic, e.g., the author of the Declaration
of Independence. I thought then and continue to believe that some knowledge
is required to cast a ballot.

Richard E. Dixon
Clifton, VA 20124-2115

Assembly