Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 17:18:10 -0500
Anne, thanks for the brief but I've read reviews of Kukla's book and don't
wish to waste my time and money on it.  You know by now how I feel about
intentions and operations of his group-thinking circle anyway.  If you can't
tell me the page number for TJ's Literary Commonplace Book so I may
investigate the actual content and context at online Library of Congress I
guess I'll forego pursuing this.  And maybe Kukla doesn't even provide the
pertinent page number.

I understand your woman's interest in TJ's personal life and its women but
please think as well about the personal lives of men such as John Fitzgerald
Kennedy, or let's say William Jefferson Clinton, or how about Martin Luther
King, Jr.?  Are these men then to be held in much greater disdain for their
personal misconduct than Thomas Jefferson?  Do their private actions far
outweigh how they affected our nation and its people, or are these personal
matters just disappointments that we put aside when considering the overall
impact of such men?

You didn't even comment about my points concerning the cultural struggle or
war underway with elitest left-wing academics attacking the US with
revisionist history claims, including current endeavors at VA-HIST and
related trashing of Thomas Jefferson in several books published by members
of that group.  IMHO this is a much greater concern to all Americans.  I
hope you are taking time for thoughtful review and research.

Neil McDonald