From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:21:02 -0500
A more considerate fashion. The university was not his private
preserve. He may head it, but it is part of a culture and a
community, all of which he ignored. That doesn't sit well with
people. As Maya Angelou said, "People will forget what you say;
people will forget what you do; but people will never forget how you
made them feel." How did he make the people of the broader university
as well as the local community feel? As if they weren't even worth a
few discussions. A bit of his time. Whatever thoughts and opinions
they may have had didn't matter to him. One might call that
insulting. And rude. He could have handled it better, and made
friends instead of enemies. It's called "diplomacy."

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone